photo 3am_SB_header_zpsa5ff4cb7.png
 photo 3am_cwhite_home_zpsa10fc353.png photo 3am_cwhite_tpt_zpse242f05a.png photo 3am_cwhite_tn_zps98d2b168.png photo 3am_cwhite_class_zpsfa389c39.png
 photo 3am_cwhite_subtitle_zps700a18bb.png

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Favorite New Find & Math Focus Wall

   Oh, my gosh! This past week has been crazy, hence the absence from the blogging world. When we brought home our dog from the groomer a week ago, we noticed a huge growth under his tail. At first the vet thought it was an abscess, then it turned into a tumor with possible cancer, and fast forward to Monday when we learned it is just a benign growth. YEAH! But, because of its location it has to be removed. My poor dog was thinking he could finally take off his diapers and "cone of shame" today, but we are going back into the vet this afternoon to schedule the removal.
   Anyways, I have been working on all of my Daily 5 Math rotation materials this past week and I am so excited to put "it all together" in my classroom. My teammates and I are using the Georgia Units (click here for more information) to aid us in our 60 minute whole group instruction. And then we will spend 30 minutes with Daily 5 Math. On my Math Focus wall I am planning on putting these vocabulary cards and anchor charts up to help with Unit One, Expanding Base Ten Understanding...








   Also on my Math Focus wall will be this simple clipart...
 
 
   Each day I will write a number and my kiddos will use it to complete the recording sheet below for Math with Self.
   In comes my new favorite find! I was a little worried about my kiddos completing the date for yesterday and tomorrow on the above recording sheet, as our calendar is interactive on the Promethean board and will be displaying something else for Daily 5 Math. I was debating putting up another calendar on my focus wall, but wanted the space for teaching aids. So I found this on the Oriental Trading Company website.
 
   I was a little skeptical of purchasing it as there was not very much information listed about it and only this picture under the description. But, for $10.50 I was willing to give it a chance. I was so excited when I got it in the mail yesterday!!!


   I wish my camera gave this pocket chart the justice it deserves! The pocket chart is not too big, not too small. Also, there are two versions for the names of the days of the week; the full name or the abbreviated name. The number cards (1-31) and weather cards ( 7 each of windy, snowy, cloudy, sunny, rainy, foggy, cold, and hot) are large enough for my kiddos to see from their tables across the room. What I really love is that the hot and cold cards include 7 pictures each of children of different ethnicities. For $10.50 this weather/calendar chart is a steal and I can just see how excited my calendar helpers will be to change the weather each day too! More pictures to come as I get in my classroom to finish up my Math Focus wall and math cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment