photo 3am_SB_header_zpsa5ff4cb7.png
 photo 3am_cwhite_home_zpsa10fc353.png photo 3am_cwhite_tpt_zpse242f05a.png photo 3am_cwhite_tn_zps98d2b168.png photo 3am_cwhite_class_zpsfa389c39.png
 photo 3am_cwhite_subtitle_zps700a18bb.png

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Daily 5 Math

   I so look forward to Fridays in the summer for the garage sales. I found two AMAZING community sales yesterday with books for .10 and board games for $1!!! I think only teachers understand the pure adrenaline this provides when you find a deal like that. I have been already working on my Daily 5 math centers and was so excited to find Candyland, Hi Ho Cherry-O, and Connect 4 for a mere 300 cents. I decided to write addition and subtraction facts on the Candyland cards. I am going to have my kiddos solve the problems before they are able to move to the matching color squares on the game board. I also turned Hi Ho Cherry-O into an addition game...

 I added "Math Edition" to the front of the box.
I wrote numbers 1-12 on the bottom of the cherries. I am planning on having my kiddos add this number to the number that they spin on the game board.
I wrote "add" over the top of the numbers and "take away" over the pictures of the dog and bird for when my kiddos spin.
A look at all of the cherries in the trees ready for some math fun!!!
I am so excited about the Connect 4 math games that my kiddos get to try out this fall too! I made the six activities to be functional with any Connect 4 edition. Each of my games include directions, 30 task cards, recording sheet, and answers. The six activities will help my kiddos with addition, subtraction, shapes (2D and 3D), time (hour, half-hour, and 5 minute), place value, and money. You can get my games too by clicking on the image below. Enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment