photo 3am_SB_header_zpsa5ff4cb7.png
 photo 3am_cwhite_home_zpsa10fc353.png photo 3am_cwhite_tpt_zpse242f05a.png photo 3am_cwhite_tn_zps98d2b168.png photo 3am_cwhite_class_zpsfa389c39.png
 photo 3am_cwhite_subtitle_zps700a18bb.png

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

End of the Year Read Aloud

Tomorrow is going to be such a bittersweet day. The LAST DAY of school. I have had most of my kiddos for two or three years so it will be sad to let them go tomorrow. To get them excited for 3rd grade we used the story A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle today. We paused every couple of pages to retell what we heard and then the main idea and theme at the end of the book. As I love to integrate arts and crafts into everything we made our own little hermit crab shells. The kiddos decorated a large shell that I printed on construction paper and glued eyes onto two red rectangles. They then traced their hand onto red construction paper, cut it out, and then glued onto the backside of the shell. We then wrote on the back of the shell, "I hope my 3rd grade home is..." Here are a couple of my kiddos creations.

 This little crab says, "I hope my 3rd grade home is nice."
 
 It is almost time for my little hermit crabs to move onto the next shell of their school journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment